This is it: baby wants to meet daddy and mommy. You are excited and impatient and you prepare your bag quickly to rush to the hospital. But before you forget something, let’s do a checklist of what to pack for a nice stay at the maternity ward.
To welcome baby
- Bodies: ideally a wrap-over top.
- Pajamas: cosy to spend a lovely night
- A sleeping bag: or a little plaid
- Slippers or socks: to keep his little feet warm
- Hat: to protect baby’s hair
- Bib: to stay clean during mealtimes
- Cuddly toy and/or dummy: it’s never to early to choose its favorite toy!
- Toilet set: usually, the hospital gives you all you need for bathing baby, but you never know.
- Outfit: when you’re leaving the hospital or for the first photos of baby.
For a comfy Mummy
- Nightshirts: with buttons on the front, it’s easier for breastfeeding.
- Slippers: to walk in the hallways
- Panties: disposable or cotton panties with sanitary pads
- Bras for breastfeeding: if you want to breastfeed of course!
- Atomizer: to freshen up (and to drink when you’re not allowed to).
- Toilet set: with everything you need like cream, toothpaste, makeup if you want to…
- Camera: or your phone to capture the first moments of baby.
- Cash: if you want to eat something
- Flashlight: to see something in the dark without having to turn on the light
- Entertainment: books, magazine, music…
Also, don’t forget all the administrative documents. You’re now ready to welcome baby!